Home

Source: Leadership

The Defence Headquarters said in Abuja on Saturday that troops of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) had cleared a terrorists camp in Buduram, north of Doron Baga in Borno.

A statement posted on the Defence Headquarters website: http://www.defenceinfo.mil.ng, said the dawn raid operation was carried out on Friday.

It said the troops raided the camp where the terrorists were regrouping and reorganising to carry out a reprisal attack after being routed in Doron Baga in a previous encounter on Aug.10.

According to the statement, 17 terrorists died in the operation, while some who escaped into neighbouring islands in the Lake Chad Peninsula are still being pursued.

It noted that calm had been restored to Doron Baga after the Aug. 10 attack by the terrorists who infiltrated the community with some of them disguising as women in hijab.

It added that five of the terrorists died in the counter offensive to defend Doron Baga by troops of the MNJTF.

According to the statement, many of the inhabitants of the community who fled into nearby bushes for safety are now returning.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s