Home

Source: Yemen Times

Truce in effect between Houthis and tribesmen in Al-Jawf
SANA’A, Aug. 6—The presidential committee tasked with ending the conflict between the Houthis and Sunni tribesmen in Al-Jawf governorate started on Tuesday to remove the barricades set up by the two parties.

Muhammad Daraan, a member of the presidential committee, said that the committee brokered an agreement Tuesday evening between the warring parties. As of noon on Wednesday, he said the truce has not been broken by either of the parties.
It is expected that the presidential committee will resolve the conflict by the end of the current week, according to Daraan.

On Tuesday morning, before the agreement was made, clashes broke out between Houthis and opposing groups, resulting in the death of two Houthis. This happened after the committee had left the conflict zone towards the center of the governorate, according to Mohammad Mabkhout, a journalist in Al-Jawf governorate.

Two soldiers killed in Shabwa
SANA’A, Aug. 6—Two soldiers were killed and two others wounded in an ambush set by alleged Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) members on Wednesday afternoon in Haban district of Shabwa governorate.

Salem Al-Sail, a journalist based in Shabwa, said that AQAP suspects opened fire on a military vehicle coming from Azan city to Haban, adding that the perpetrators fled the scene.
This operation is the second this week, coming after four soldiers were killed and two others wounded in an attack on military personnel in Ataq city of Shabwa.

Three soldiers killed in Al-Baida
SANA’A, Aug. 6—Three soldiers were killed and six others wounded on Wednesday in an attack by gunmen on two motorcycles in Rada city of Al-Baida.

Fahd Al-Taweel, a journalist in Hadramout, said that gunmen on two motorcycles opened fire on a security patrol on the main road of Rada near the Yemen Bank for Reconstruction and Development.

Al-Taweel added that military reinforcements were sent to the scene but the perpetrators had already fled.  

Rada and other areas in Al-Baida are witnessing an escalation of attacks against military and security personnel allegedly being carried out by AQAP.

Nine AQAP suspects killed in Hadramout, more army reinforcements arrive
SANA’A, Aug. 6—Nine people suspected of being AQAP members were killed and three others were arrested in Al-Qatan district of Hadramout governorate on Wednesday.

According to the Defense Ministry’s website, in addition to the nine fatalities and three arrests, a few other suspected AQAP members were wounded. The ministry also reported that a solider was killed and five others were wounded.

Confrontations arose when soldiers from the 135th Infantry Brigade were ambushed on three separate occasions by armed men on Wednesday.   

The state-run Saba New Agency reported that reserve forces were sent to Hadramout to support the military units stationed there and reinforce the military’s role in maintaining the security and stability of citizens.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s