Home

article-2659903-1ED0FDE100000578-302_634x356

Source: BBC

At least 12 women were abducted during the latest attack on Kenya’s coast, which also left 15 people dead, residents have told the BBC.

President Uhuru Kenyatta has blamed “local political networks” for the overnight raid on two villages near the town of Mpeketoni.

But Somalia’s al-Shabab group had earlier said it was behind the attack.

At least 49 people died in a separate raid on hotels and a police station in Mpeketoni on Sunday.

Al-Shabab said it was revenge for the presence of Kenyan troops in Somalia and the killing of Muslims.

Kenya sent troops to Somalia in 2011 to help the weak UN-backed government defeat the militants.

Advertisements

One thought on “Kenya attacks: ‘Women abducted’ near Mpeketoni

  1. We know that we left west to trade with east . The cause be hide attack are from USA motivated terror ATTACK . its not political . recently Raila was in USA where he was funded to accelerate his political movement. neocolonialism is back ,the west must leave Africa

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s